Friday, August 24, 2012

Series Preview #36: Royals (55-68) @ Red Sox (59-66)

Traditionally a terrible team, the Royals will be coming to town for the weekend against the Red Sox (traditionally a good team) that stands only three games above them this season. The opener tonight will feature Jon Lester (7-10, 5.03) and Bruce Chen (9-10, 5.45). The Red Sox have knocked Chen around to the tune of a 5.76 ERA in his career, and I predict a win. Game two will be former Red Sox ace Josh Beckett (5-11, 5.23) and former Orioles' ace Jeremy Guthrie (2-3, 3.23 since joining Kansas City). Guthrie hasn't been great against the Red Sox in his career, posting a 4.50 ERA, but I'm down on Beckett right now so I predict a loss. Sunday's game will have a pair of rookies in Felix Doubront (10-6, 4.70) and Will Smith (4-5, 5.40). I feel like the Red Sox can win this game and defeat the Royals enough to make them men in black (I had to do it, I apologize). The final game of this series will be Monday and have presumably Aaron Cook (3-7, 4.79) and Luke Hochevar (7-11, 4.95). The Red Sox have roughed Hochevar around to a 6.56 ERA and I expect the same. Red Sox win series 3-1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment