Sunday, July 15, 2012

Triple Weekly News

So it's come to this, the annual Triple Weekly News from when I return from camp-- often deciding the winner of the Yearly Awards. Well, in my absence, the Red Sox didn't do so well-- going 7-10 over the three week period. The Player of the Week may have just wrapped up his Yearly Award for good as David Ortiz won and has now won eight-- compared to three for Mike Aviles. Over the last ten games, Ortiz batted .375/2/4 and is now .315/23/58 this season. An equally deserving Pitcher of the Year goes to Felix Doubront-- who had a good two starts over this time period, going 1-0/3.37/10 in his 10.2 innings of work. Doubront continued his good year and is now 9-4/4.41/97 this season, which is somehow the Red Sox' best pitcher. I cannot decide on the Performance of Game of the Week since I didn't watch them, so I'll skip those-- I apologize. In the upcoming week, the Red Sox will welcome Kevin Youkilis back to Fenway Park in a three game series with Chicago and play a four game set with Toronto at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment