Friday, October 14, 2011

Jacoby Ellsbury Takes Home Comeback Player Award

At the beginning of the season, many people doubted Jacoby Ellsbury after an injury-riddled 2010. People thought he was soft, he wasn't ready to play baseball- I consider myself proud that I was not one of them. Jacoby Ellsbury, as many expected, has won the AL Comeback Player of the Year Award. Not only was Ellsbury the player he was in 2007-2009, but he changed from a speedy leadoff hitter into a full-fledged star. He had a fantastic season, taking home the Sox.Rox Player of the Year Award and going .321/32/105, as it remains to be seen whether he will win the AL MVP as well. He is also the first 30-30 (30 homers, 30 steals) player in Red Sox history- not too shabby. I'm sorry I couldn't get a picture of Jacoby up but blogspot isn't letting me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment