Saturday, December 18, 2010

Red Sox Come To Terms With Dan Wheeler

Today, the Red Sox added reliever Dan Wheeler to their bullpen, fresh off the acquisition of Bobby Jenks. With Jenks and Wheeler in their bullpen, it looks to me like the Red Sox' bullpen is pretty much set. Wheeler had a great year with the Rays in 2010, going 2-4/3.35/46, but it was not a fluke, as Wheeler also had great years in 2009 and 2008. The deal is reported to be worth only one year, as the Red Sox said a few days ago, that they would not give him a multi-year option. Theo Epstein has been a real go-getter this offseason, making a bunch of big moves, and filling up their main hole, the bullpen. I think Dan Wheeler will be a great acquisition for the Sox, and I am really proud to be a Red Sox fan about now.

2 comments:

  1. Good Looking Blog. I have added you to My Must Read List

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, I appreciate it and the add on to your must-read list!

    ReplyDelete