Sunday, October 17, 2010

Early Off-Season Red Sox News

Throughout my playoff coverage this offseason, I forgot the point of my blog, the Red Sox. So, to catch me up, here are a few things that have happened to the Sox... Darnell McDonald (right) is planning to have surgery on his thumb, McDonald had a pretty good year filling in for various outfielders, going .270/9/34. The Red Sox have also secured catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia for 2011 with a 1 year, $750,000 contract. Also, the Sox have an unlikely, but possible chance at getting starter, Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee is a fantastic pitcher, who does exceptionally well against the Yankees and had an All-Star year in 2010, going 12-9/3.18/185. I hope the Sox can good moves, but to be honest, I don't think they need to if they can avoid injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment