Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An Emotional Night In Boston

Well, last night I was very excited about going to see the Red Sox-Mariners game at 7:10. I was up in Boston for the first time since Christmas and it was good to be back. I had heard that this was the driest summer on record in Boston so I was surprised when it was pouring rain. I went to my seats in Fenway and they were great seats, 20 rows or so behind home plate! I had about an hour to kill before the game started so me and my family walked around a little bit. We even went up on the Green Monster and I must say, it was pretty cool looking down from up there. Around 7:00 we got the news that the game was going to be delayed until the rain moved out of the area, the problem being that it had been steadily raining for several hours. The rain didn't move out of the area and about a half-hour later they gave us the news that the game was going to be postponed until tomorrow. The bad thing about that is that I'm flying home today so no baseball games for me this year. Just my luck, I've been to Fenway 3 times and the game has gotten cancelled twice.

1 comment:

  1. I was at the game last night, too and I agree that the cancellation was a HUGE disappointment. I hope that we will get to see the Sox next year - perhaps in Camden Yard since it rain is more common in Boston.

    ReplyDelete