Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yearly News

How fitting is it, that when Trevor Crowe flew out to end the Red Sox' season, closer Jonathan Papelbon, who has established himself in the Playoffs, was pitching? Also, Kevin Youkilis won the Player of the Week Award, giving him 6 to end the year. He had 2 homers, and 7 RBIs this week, leading the Sox to a 4-3 week. Since Youk won the Player of the Week award, you are probably wondering why you are seeing Bay on your right. You're seeing him because he has won the Player of the Year Award, winning 8 Player of the Week awards and having a marvelous season. He finished this year with a line of .268, 36, 118. In a little more than a month, I wonder if I'll be posting about him winning the AL MVP Award. He and the Sox coasted to a 95-67 season for the second straight year, and won the Wild Card, for the second straight year. The Red sox are going to be off to Hollywood to play Game 1 of the ALDS on Wednesday or Thursday. These Sox have had a great year, I hope everyone who reads this blog will celebrate my first baseball season of blogging. Thank you, GO SOX!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog and hope that you will continue providing us with your insights about the Sox during the post-season. Looking forward to the ALDS and the post season.

    Your devoted fan,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conor, you've done an awesome job! I look forward to more in the future, Bay is an excellent choice! Now let's take care of the Angels!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late in commenting on this, I know, but Pete told me the other day that the Sox had secured the Wild Card. And I immediately thought of you, Conor, and the fact that if I commented on this auspicious occasion anywhere, it should be on your blog. Go Sox! And keep up the awesome blogging :)

    ReplyDelete