Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dice-K Back-- With a Vengeance

Now, we sort of understand why Daisuke Matsuzaka only made 12 starts in 2009, and why he was 4-6 with a 5.46 ERA. Dice-K, one of the mot popular pitchers in 2008, came into '09 with high expectations and- to be nice... blew it. As it turns out, Daisuke had injured his right inner thigh while pitching for Japan in the World Baseball Classic. Daisuke tried to hide the injury, hoping it would heal in his off days, but it got worse and he had to spend two long stints on the DL. Lucky for us, Daisuke is a Japanese person who does not like to be embarrassed and this is what he said to Red Sox Nation, "I am very sorry to make you worry. I assure you that the 2010 season will be a great season. I am ready to redeem what I lost in 2009. With my health back, I am confident and determined to produce this year. I will try my best to become a World Champion once again." What I say to Dice-K, "I salute you!" Go Sox, all the way!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment