Wednesday, April 22, 2009

No More Shortstop Problems? Look Again.

Well, Jed Lowrie, our solid shortstop, is injured. Yesterday (4-21-09) Lowrie got surgery on his left wrist, and he could be out for 6-8 more weeks. In the time Lowrie is not playing, Nick Green will, Green is a capable shortstop at defense, not as good as Lowrie though. They are probably equal in hitting. Soon Lugo will be off the DL, I wouldn't mind seeing Lugo after a while, but the Sox just have to remember that Lowrie is their starting guy! I don't expect this to have a huge effect on Lowrie's career, because I think he could win some Gold Gloves in some time, and if he works on it a .300 AVG! Green has been playing very well however and in the 10-8 Red Sox victory, he made it from 8-8 to 10-8, with a 2 run double. I think the Red Sox have a much better shortstop game than they did last year!

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude do you know if the Sox are gonna get any new players soon? By the way are you out of town cause I cant seem to get a hold of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Jed Lowrie. He is one of my favorite players on the Sox this year. Hope his recovery goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete