Thursday, March 5, 2009

Smoltz, Not Yet

Yesterday, Red Sox pitcher John Smoltz was supposed to start, but he was pushed back, again. He is very eager to be with the Red Sox, but he still can't bear to watch as everyone on the team gets to go out, but he's in the dugout. He says that when somebody is throwing on th mound, he wants to do it so bad. It's possible that our team isn't lettin ghim play becaus he was injured most of last season, but still, let the poor man play! This is also his 22nd season, and his first not on the Braves. Medics even said that his arm responded to surgery so well, and it's fine now. I hope he gets to play soon, and in the regular season, I like this guy.

3 comments:

  1. I also like Smoltz. They are bringing him along slow because he will be mor valuable in September and October than April/May. He has also spent time with Penny refining his split fingered pitch. Smoltz will also be a great leader to many of the youg pitchers on the staff. Just a side note: Daniel Bard who was hurt last year was throwing 100 mph yesterday! He only goes to show that the Sox are loaded with young pitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patients my dear! They are bringing Smoltz up slowly so that he will not get injured again. I agree with Ed that he will likely be a big contributor in the late, rather than early, season. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Play time is everything, when I was playing my basketball game earlier I actually got some playing time and it made all the difference I actually scored!!!

    ReplyDelete