Saturday, February 25, 2012

Red Sox Start Full-Squad Workouts

With each passing day the season gets closer, as the Red Sox had their first full-squad workout today. On a different note, it's exactly one week until the Red Sox' first "game"-- as usual, a double-header against Boston College and Northeastern University. As I said yesterday, I'm really proud of the Red Sox. All of them seem to be working really hard and almost everybody has reported before the necessary date. I suppose it's what we should expect from hometown heroes and grinders like Dustin Pedroia, Jon Lester, David Ortiz, and Kevin Youkilis (right), but everybody has been saying all the right things and it sounds good. These guys seem to be taking a leadership role in the clubhouse and I'm getting familiar with Bobby Valentine. It looks like he's been really dedicated to righting the ship here in Boston and I prize him for that. I've got to admit, it's getting really hard for me not to be optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment