Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Red Sox Looking At Beltran, Ordonez

Today the Red Sox discussed a trade for outfield bat, Carlos Beltran (right) with the Mets. Beltran will receive $18.5 million in 2011, meaning the Mets will probably have to pay at least part of his contract as he is definitely not worth the money, as he went .255/7/27 last season, but he is a good player. Magglio Ordonez (left) is a free agent, who the Red Sox have been interested in for a while. He had a pretty good year last year, despite playing only 84 games, going .303/12/59. He is a free agent who will probably make between $10 and $15 million next year even though he is 37 years old. I'm not quite sure which one of these players I would rather have, but I would have to say Magglio Ordonez, just because he would cost less. In any case, I think they are both great players and I would be thrilled to get either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment